Discover All The Best That Marco Island Has To Offer
Visiting Marco Island: 10 Fun Activities and Events For You
There are many things to love about Marco Island; the fact that it is home to some of the world's most beautiful beaches, its idyllic atmosphere as well as a magnificent intertwining of nature's beauty and its art. It is no surprise that Marco Island, located 15 miles south of Naples and the largest of all ten thousand of Florida's islands attracts so many visitors to the Gulf Coast of Florida all year round. It has six miles of beach and 100 miles of waterways within its 24 square miles. If all you want for your next vacation is natural beauty, adventures and relaxation, then Marco Island should be your go-to.
To make your stay in Marco Island more blissful, you might want to make use of a vacation rental. Vacation rentals are totally unique and of course, vacation friendly as they provide more space, privacy and are quite pocket friendly too. There's an array of vacation rentals on Marco Island. The best ones are at http://iescapeaway.com waiting for you to book them. While you are at it though, you should read on to know more about this island and what fun activities and events it has to offer you while you're there.
Fun Events in Marco Island
Marco Island is not only aesthetically pleasing, it is also a fun place to be in, with the many spectacular events that take place there round the year. Here are some of the community oriented events that take place in Marco Island that you should take full advantage of when you vacation there.
1. Marco Island Seafood and Music Festival: Have a fun filled weekend at this event which holds in March for three days and is known to offer seafood dishes capable of making your taste buds sing for joy! Literally, because great music is a feature of this day. If you are traveling with your kids, then they would particularly enjoy this event as there are slides, trampolines, bouncing castles and other fun stuff for them.
You also get an avenue to shop for your friends and family as arts and crafts vendors are always available to display their works.
2. Marco Island Movie in the Park: The Marco Island community is definitely a close-knit one. In this seasonal event, families from all around the island converge in the park with their mats, blankets, chairs to watch popular family movies on Friday evenings from November through February. Completely free of charge, both locals and visitors always enjoy a night of shared laughter, tears and excitement.
3. Marco Island Farmer's Market: You would love this weekly event held on Wednesdays from mid-November to mid-April, where as many as 120 vendors come together at the community park to showcase their goods from fragrances to essential oils to fresh seafood as well as arts and crafts. Now, you know where to spend your Wednesday when you go on vacation to Marco Island. It's advisable to go with your wallet and your appetite as there are options of both ethnic and local cuisine.
4. Island Rocks Concert Series: This event takes place in January at the Veterans' Community Park, the centre of activities for both locals and tourists. The concert series showcases both touring and local musical talents. What makes this event more spectacular is that it is free. It is family friendly and a great way to enjoy live music outdoors in Marco Island's amazing atmosphere.
5. Chalk Art: Put together by the Marco Island Center for the Arts, this annual outdoor event that celebrates how artistic chalk could be features artworks made from chalk by various artists. If you asked a Marco Island native what to expect, they're likely to tell you to be ready to wear a smile and dust from chalk.
Fun Activities in Marco Island
The serene environment in and around Marco Island makes it the perfect place for many adventurous activities. Be sure to participate in some or all of these when you are out exploring the beautiful Marco Island.
1. Book a wave runner tour: Get out on the water and have fun, speeding across the waters or at your own pace. While at it, you get to see dolphins, sea turtles, manatees as well as other marine animals. You also get to see native birds like pelicans, spoonbills, ospreys and many other wildlife. It is also an informative and educative tour as there are experienced tour guides to talk you through the process.
2. Book a fishing trip: Drop fishing lines and hook different species of fish. From trout to redfish to tarpon, grouper, snapper. The waters of Marco Island are fishy, filled with different species of fishes, waiting for you to come explore!
3. Tee off: If you love golf, then make sure to get swinging at the golf courses in Marco Island. There are a wide variety of courses available as well as lots of tee times to suit your schedule.
4. Visit the Marco Island Center of Arts: Whether you're a lover of arts or not, the Marco Island Center of Arts is one you'd enjoy visiting. Beautiful exhibits would be up for display and you could decide to enroll in any of the art classes as well to learn about stone and clay sculpture, painting, photography, basket weaving and drawing.
5. Go seashell hunting: Marco Island is known to be a great spot for seashell finds and it actually attracts many seashell hunters from around the world. Take a relaxing stroll down a sandy beach and be on the lookout for various shell species from starfishes, horse conches, sand dollar, worm shells and so many other interestingly named and looking shells.
Often described by visitors as a mystical and alluring place, Marco Island with its idyllic, naturally calming atmosphere and rich cultural activities is the perfect spot for you to escape to on your next vacation. You should take advantage of the activities and events above as well as the many others Marco Island has to offer as it is not limited to only those above. Further maximize your stay there by booking a vacation rental from http://iescapeaway.com